Society’s attitudes about weight can often result in the person having difficulty managing weight, developing an extremely poor or negative self-image. For a person who has difficulty losing weight, health issues including:
- Increased high blood pressure
- Heart Disease
- High total cholesterol or high levels of triglycerides
- Sleep apnoea and respiratory problems
- Being overweight
Hypnosis can be used to assist you to re-program your subconscious attitudes towards food and place less importance on food in relation to your emotions and feelings of well being. You can also be assisted to incorporate new patterns of behavior in regard to times, places and reasons for eating. Hypnosis can be used successfully to increase the appeal of healthy foods while suggestions may be given to eliminate junk food or unhealthy foods and to maintain the health of the body.
Hypnotic suggestions may include:
- That you only eat nutritious foods
- That you will only eat small meals
- That you only eat at mealtimes
- That you will feel completely satisfied after a small meal
- That you will eat less and enjoy it more
The benefits of hypnosis for weight reduction can include a lowering blood pressure, producing a more positive body image, increasing self-esteem and most importantly control over appetite and foods.